Next Run: Brussels 42K

2012-10-07 09:00:00 GMT+01:00

Rainradar

Click on the image or here for large image!

Saturday 29 September 2007

Gebrselassie goes for world record?


While checking out the elite runners that I might see before the start of the Amsterdam Marathon I realized that tommorow Berlin is on the calendar. Having a fast track on might expect some of the worlds best runners to start in Berlin rather then Amsterdam. I found that Gebrselassie has the ambition to beat the current world record of 2:04:55 and bring it down to 2:03 something, according to The Canadian Press . On the other hand in another article he states: "The marathon is the only distance I can't talk about a world record." I wonder what will happen and will try to watch the race.

In Amsterdam the toprunners will be last years winner Bushendich and world champion Kibet. Other Kenians that might be found in front are Mbote and Kirui. As I will be some 2.ooo runners behind them I will have to settle for a short report on the TV in the evening. The guys will finisch around the time that I cross the 25k point. Maase and Krotwaar, the Dutch top marathon runners will also start in Amsterdam.

No comments:

Post a Comment