Next Run: Brussels 42K

2012-10-07 09:00:00 GMT+01:00

Rainradar

Click on the image or here for large image!

Sunday 11 March 2012

Very fast edition of the CPC half marathon



Kibet op de finish (Bron: ANP via de Gelderlander) 
The top comes close to worldrecord
About a week ago I posted the claims of both Jonathan Maiyo and Geoffrey Kipsang to go for the world record on the half marathon in The Hague today.
The winner was Stephen Kibet in a time of 58.54 only 21 seconds short of the track record of Samuel Wanjiru in 2007 (at that time the world record). The current world record is  58.23 (Zersenay Tadese).

Fantastics day
Despite the fact we did not witness a world record the race was superb. The weather was almost spring like. For more details on the CPC read my review.

Afterwards: everything is gone!
before: still quiet at the start line
My own run
Only a few second short of my won PB run three years ago I am very satisfied. Not the least because I improved my PB at 5 and 10 with 16 and 12 seconds. Only 3 second decline in 3 years at the finish line is good with me.
The highlight? My wife and daughter a few 100 meters before the finish line and the high five with my daughter. Just the kick you need for the final few hunderd meters. 


Below a report from dutch television:

No comments:

Post a Comment