Next Run: Brussels 42K

2012-10-07 09:00:00 GMT+01:00

Rainradar

Click on the image or here for large image!

Monday 19 March 2012

Walk on Water

Last Saturday saw me running on water!
During my long slow distance run (and still recovering from last weeks half marathon) I was running with smartphone. A bit of music on my earphones and Runkeeper to track the route. This route shows I can run on water, of the coast, on the Northsea;-)
Well, last time I checked I did not have these powers so what happened here? Of the beach in front of the little town of Ter Heijde a artificial Island is constructed. A so called sand engine. The idea is that the sea will distribute al this sasn along the coast in the years to come so the Netherlands can stand a bit more of global heating. Google maps, used by Runkeeper, only shows the very early stages of the construction. The image below shows you what this sand engine looks like at the moment;
Bron: http://www.kleinockenburgh.nl

No comments:

Post a Comment